EXPERT IN THE FIELD
Intellectual Property law, Energy law, Private International Law and Commercial Dispute Resolution.
His area of specialization is in Intellectual Property law, Energy law, Private International Law and Commercial Dispute Resolution.
He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators UK, Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys UK, British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL), International Bar Association, Fellow of the Pan African Law Society, School of International Arbitration (SIA) UK and the Nigerian Bar Association.
He is presently a columnist with the THISDAY LAWYER (Tuesdays Law Publication column on print and online media). He is a frequent speaker in legal seminars, conferences and Workshops.
- Michael successfully advised the Bensam Maritime Oil & Gas in their recent $108Million acquisition of various vessel and dredgers with IHC international Rotterdam Netherland.
- Presently litigating MV SUN ESSEX v BENSAM MARITIME OIL & GAS at the Court of Appeal Lagos Division.
- Presently litigating an 8Billion Naira Forfeiture proceedings brought by Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission against two Nigerian Indigenous Companies.
- Successfully defended the Federal Capital Territory Administration in a $500 Million claim brought by BPS Engineering at the Supreme Court in January, 2017.
- Presently litigating at the Supreme Court of Nigeria a Variation Contract for commission for $200Million with respect of first telecoms licence in Nigeria. Atlantic Network V Abawa Nigeria Ltd.
- Successfully argued the Constitutionality of the tenement rates levied by the Local Governments in FCT.
- Advising First Bank Nigeria Ltd on various banking transactions.
- Successfully defended First Bank of Nigeria Ltd. in a 200 Million Naira overdraft claim before an F.C.T. High Court wherein the Bank exercised it’s right of lien sequel upon the facility.
Nature abhors a vacuum, this we believe at Karina Tunyan (SAN) & Co.
Copyright © 2018 Karina Tunyan
CALL US TODAY